TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What is round robin event type?
- How does Round Robin scheduling work?
- How to create a Round Robin Event type?
- How does round-robin appointment rescheduling happen?
What is round robin meeting type?
A Round Robin meeting type lets you automatically distribute new meetings to team members, saving you the time of manually assigning them. The team members are placed in an order and are booked in that order. However, if one team member isn’t available, the next person will get booked, and so on. This lets you offer more availability to customers while managing your team’s workload more effectively.
This is one of the best types of appointment scheduling for sales professionals, call centers, and support teams.
Only the active team members can be added to a round-robin event type. Check the 'Settings -> Admin Management' page in the Leadmonk app for team details.
How does Round Robin scheduling work?
How to create a Round Robin Meeting type?
In the below event type customizing window, click '+ Add a Host' to add the other team members to the round-robin event type. Once you add members, click the Submit button.
Optimize for availability
Optimizing for availability offers maximum availability to appointment invitees and reduces wait times. The open time slots represent the pooled availability of all team members assigned to the event type. Once the invitee selects a time slot, Leadmonk assigns the appointment to the next available team member.
But what if an invitee selects a time slot when more than one person is available?
Leadmonk lets you prioritize which team member takes the meeting. The highlighted priority info indicates whose calendar to be booked if more than one team member is available on the invitee's requested appointment time. A team member having a higher star rating would be considered to book the appointment when more than one team member is available for the invitee's selected time. If the team members have the same star rating, then the rand function will be used to pick the team member to book the calendar.
How does round-robin appointment rescheduling happen?
When a customer reschedules an appointment that was booked using a round-robin event type, the appointment will be reassigned to the same team member for the new timeslot. This behavior improves the customer experience. By assigning the appointment to the original team member, the customer can be sure that they will be meeting with the same person they had originally scheduled with. This can help to ensure a smooth and seamless appointment experience.
However, if a team member is not available due to circumstances like sick leave, within Leadmonk app there are 2 options for the organization owner/team-admin/event host to reassign the round-robin appointment to another team member.
These options are:
- Dynamic team member reassignment using Round Robin event logic via reschedule option. This feature is available in Leadmonk where another team member is identified based on the availability and distribution logic.
- Explicit team member assignment. Here you can specify who will take over the appointment of another team member).
- When an appointment is booked by an invitee using the round robin appointment scheduling link, only the team member who was picked as per round robin logic sees that appointment in his/her Leadmonk account.
- If a team member is removed from the team, then that team member automatically gets removed from all the round-robin event types he/she was part of.
- If the owner of the team deletes the team, then all the round-robin event types linked to that team get deleted automatically.
- If a team member deletes his/her Leadmonk account, then that team member automatically gets removed from all the round-robin event types he/she was part of.
Other Help Pages
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article